Important Note: Bungie has acknowledged this glitch and is working on a fix. This glitch may be patched out shortly.
To do the crafting glitch on next-gen consoles, you will need:
- A next-gen console (Xbox Series X/S or PlayStation 5)
- A second controller (optional)
- A fast internet connection (optional)
- Start downloading any game in the background to slow down your internet connection.
- Go to the Enclave and open the crafting menu.
- Select the weapon you want to craft and press the shape button.
- Immediately drag the cursor down to the perk you want to add to the weapon.
- If done correctly, the perk will be added to the weapon.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each perk you want to add to the weapon.
- Once you have added all of the desired perks, press the craft button.
- If you are having trouble getting the glitch to work, try slowing down your internet connection even more.
- If you have a second controller, you can use it to hold down the shape button while you drag the cursor down to the perk you want to add. This can make it easier to get the glitch to work.
- If you are still having trouble getting the glitch to work, you can watch a video tutorial on YouTube.
Examples of glitched weapons you can craft:
- Osteo Striga with the perk “Verve Time”
- Calus Mini-Tool with the perk “Screaming Swarm”
- Ammit AR2 with the aggressive frame and the perks “Ambitious Assassin” and “One for All”
- This glitch is against Bungie’s terms of service and could result in your account being banned.
- Using glitched weapons could give you an unfair advantage over other players in PvP.
- Bungie is working on a fix for this glitch, so it may be patched out shortly.