Introduction: As a passionate gamer, encountering errors when launching your favourite game can be frustrating, especially with highly anticipated titles like Star Citizen. One such error that players often face is the troublesome “Star Citizen Failed to Fetch Code” error.
If you’ve come across this issue, don’t worry! In this article, we will explore the potential causes of this error and provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to resolve it. So, let’s dive in and get your space-faring adventures back on track!
Also, read How to Fix Login Issues in Honkai Star Rail
Check Your Internet Connection
The first step in troubleshooting any online game error is to examine your internet connection. A stable and reliable internet connection is crucial for smooth gameplay. The “Star Citizen Failed to Fetch Code” error can sometimes be triggered by a weak or intermittent connection. To ensure a seamless gaming experience, consider the following steps:
- Restart your router: Simply restarting your router can resolve many connectivity issues. Unplug the power source, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in. Allow the router to restart fully before attempting to launch Star Citizen again.
- Use a wired connection: If you’re playing on a Wi-Fi connection, try switching to a wired connection instead. Ethernet cables provide a more stable and consistent connection, reducing the chances of encountering connectivity-related errors.
- Disable background downloads: Downloads or updates running in the background and consuming significant bandwidth can affect your gaming experience. Pause or cancel any ongoing downloads, especially on other devices sharing the same network, to free up bandwidth for Star Citizen.
Verify Game File Integrity
Corrupted or missing game files can also contribute to the “Star Citizen Failed to Fetch Code” error. Verifying the integrity of your game files ensures that all necessary files are present and in their original state. Follow these steps to verify the game files:
- Open the Star Citizen launcher and go to the “Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Verify” or “Verify Game Files” option. This initiates the verification process, which may take some time depending on your internet speed and the game’s size.
- Once the verification is complete, the launcher will automatically repair or download any missing or damaged files. After the process finishes, try launching the game again to check if the error persists.
Also, read How to Fix PGSharp Not Working in 2023
Disable Antivirus and Firewall
At times, overly cautious antivirus software or firewall settings can interfere with the proper functioning of Star Citizen and trigger the “Failed to Fetch Code” error. To determine if this is the case, temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall software before launching the game. Here’s how:
- Find your antivirus software in the system tray or system settings and right-click on its icon.
- Look for options like “Disable” or “Turn Off” and select them. You may need to specify the duration for which you want to disable the antivirus. Choose an appropriate time, such as 1 hour or until the system restarts.
- Similarly, disable your firewall by going to the system settings or control panel. Look for the firewall settings and temporarily turn them off.
Remember to re-enable your antivirus and firewall once you’re done playing the game to ensure the ongoing security of your system.
Also, read How to Fix Roblox Can’t Buy Robux Error?
Encountering the “Star Citizen Failed to Fetch Code” error can be frustrating, but with the troubleshooting steps provided in this guide, you can resolve the issue and get back to enjoying your space-faring adventures.
By checking your internet connection, verifying game file integrity, and temporarily disabling antivirus and firewall software, you increase the chances of a seamless gaming experience. So, follow these steps, get back in the cockpit, and immerse yourself in the vast universe of Star Citizen!